Inland’s Mitchell Sabshon named Chairman of the Board
Triloma’s Nathan Headrick named Chair-Elect
ELLICOTT CITY, Md., December 13, 2016 – The Investment Program Association (IPA) has named Mitchell Sabshon, President and Chief Executive Officer of Inland Real Estate Investment Corporation, as its Chairman of the Board for 2017. Sabshon will lead the Board as the IPA continues to raise awareness and educate advisors, investors and regulators about the unique benefits of Direct Investments. Nathan Headrick, Managing Director of Triloma Financial Group, has been named Chair-Elect and will become Chairman of the IPA in 2018.
On January 1, 2017, Sabshon will succeed Tom Sittema, Chief Executive Officer of CNL Financial Group Inc.
“Direct Investment products are evolving in response to investor and market demands, and are poised for growth,” said IPA President and Chief Executive Officer Tony Chereso. “The IPA is proud to work closely with Mitchell Sabshon as we continue to raise positive awareness of this important asset class. Mitchell’s deep experience, insight and leadership will be tremendous attributes as we move forward together as an industry.”
“I am thrilled to assume the Chairmanship of the IPA at this pivotal time in our industry. Investors and their advisors are more aware than ever before of the importance of alternative investments in a properly structured portfolio. At the same time, the economic, political and regulatory environments provide both challenges and opportunities to investment performance,” added Sabshon. “I am eager to begin working with Tony Chereso, the IPA staff and our membership to further the interests of the investing public by actively collaborating with federal and state lawmakers and regulators, advancing industry initiatives and educating investors on the broad range of alternative products.”
The IPA is also pleased to name Nathan Headrick of Triloma as Chair-Elect, who will take over as Chairman of the IPA on January 1, 2018. Chereso added, “I am pleased to know that Nathan will be working in close partnership with Mitchell and the Board over the coming year, and we thank him for his continued dedication and leadership.”
The IPA also recently named 12 new members who have been voted onto its Board of Directors. “We welcome to our Board 12 senior executives who bring a broad range of industry experience and leadership to an already incredibly diverse group,” said Chereso. “As our industry continues to expand, we will draw on their insights to advance the Association’s mission and meet the needs of the investing public.”
The IPA welcomes the following executives as newly elected Board Members for 2017:
- James Carbone, Chief Executive Officer, President & Director, RREEF Property Trust, Inc.
- Michael Choate, Partner, Proskauer Rose LLP
- Daniel Cullen, Partner, Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Thayer Gallison, Vice President, Investment Research and Product Due Diligence, Advisor Group
- Robert Johnson, Vice President, Director of Advisory Services, Infinex Financial Group
- Neil Menard, Group President, CNL Capital Markets Corp. & President, CNL Securities Corp.
- Paul Mumma, Vice President, Alternative Investments, Ameriprise Financial
- Nicole Petrosino, Vice President, Head of Federal Government Relations, LPL Financial
- Kevin Shields, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Griffin Capital Corporation
- Scott Smith, Principal, President & Chief Executive Officer, FactRight LLC
- Allan Swaringen, President and Chief Executive Officer, Jones Lang LaSalle Income Property Trust, Inc.
- Todd Van Pelt, Assistant Vice President, Due Diligence Product Services, Cambridge
- Daniel Wildermuth, Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Kalos Financial
They are joined by the following current Board Members, continuing their terms:
- Karen Bean, Vice President, Investment Products, NFP Advisor Group, LLC
- John Carter, Co-Chief Executive Officer, Carter Validus
- Alan Feldman, Chief Executive Officer, Resource Real Estate, Inc.
- Matt Fries, Product Strategy Leader, Cetera Financial Group
- Daniel Gilbert, Chief Investment & Operating Officer, NorthStar Asset Management Group Ltd
- John Guthery, Senior Vice President, Product Management, W. P. Carey, Inc.
- Nathan Headrick, Managing Director, Triloma Financial Group (2017 Chair-Elect)
- Jeff Rosenthal, Executive Vice President, Chief Marketing Officer, Triad Advisors
- Mitchell Sabshon, President and Chief Executive Officer, Inland Real Estate Investment Corporation (2017 Chair)
- Sherri Schugart, President & Chief Executive Officer, Hines
- Wayne Souza, General Counsel and Executive Vice President, Law, Walton Group
- Gerald Stahlecker, Executive Vice President, Legal and Finance, FS Investment Corporation
- Keith Allaire, Managing Director, Robert A. Stanger & Co., Inc. (ex-officio)
About The Investment Program Association
The Investment Program Association (IPA) was formed in 1985 to provide effective national leadership for the direct investment industry. The IPA supports individual investor access to a variety of asset classes not correlated to the traded markets and historically available only to institutional investors. These include public non-listed REITs (NL REITs), business development companies (BDCs), energy and equipment leasing programs, and private equity offerings. For over 30 years the IPA has successfully championed the growth and improvement of such products, which have increased in popularity with financial professionals and investors alike. Direct investments are held in the accounts of nearly 3 million individual investors, and the IPA’s member companies operate or have properties in all 50 states. Today these investment products function as a critical component of effectively diversified investment portfolios and serve an essential capital formation function for the US economy. The mission of the IPA is advocating direct investments through education. Access the wealth of IPA educational materials here, or visit the IPA online for more information about becoming a member.
To stay up-to-date with IPA news, follow @IPADirectInvest on Twitter.
Chief Communications Officer
Investment Program Association