The IPA supports individual investor access to a variety of asset classes not correlated to the traded markets and historically available only to institutional investors, including: non-traded REITs, non-traded business development companies (BDCs), energy and equipment leasing programs and real estate private equity offerings. Direct Investment products are held in the accounts of more than 2 million individual investors. They remain a critical component of an effectively diversified investment portfolio and serve an essential capital formation function for the U.S. economy. The mission of the IPA is advocating Direct Investments through education and public awareness.
- Establishing and encouraging best practices on behalf of the investing public
- Continuously striving to enhance overall product transparency through published industry guidelines
- Raising public awareness through proactive, fact-based communication
- The leading voice on critical legislative and regulatory issues affecting the Direct Investments industry
- Creating opportunties for the advancement of industry objectives via the regulatory and political process
- Communicating directly with state and federal lawmakers and industry regulators about the distinct economic benefits of Direct Investment products
- Raising investor awareness of Direct Investment products through FINRA reviewed client brochures and seminars
- Offering on-demand E-learning courses to increase knowledge among Financial Advisors
- Publishing a wide array of industry related white papers, research reports and data analysis
Direct Investment Product Categories
2018 IPA BOARD NOMINATIONS ARE NOW OPEN!
2017 Board of Directors